sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] 2.5.x kernel and NVIDIA_nforce spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] 2.5.x kernel and NVIDIA_nforce spell
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 13:07:07 -0500

I have been attempting to use the 2.5.x(74) kernel because it supports SATA hard drives via the SIIMAGE chipset. I have no problems with SATA. I have an Abit NF7-S mobo with the Nforce2 chipset which 2.5.74 has formal support. No problem here.

My problem is that the NVIDIA_nforce spell will not compile with this kernel source. It appears some header files have been moved around into different directories than with 2.4.(20,21). Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Does anyone know if Nvidia are working on updating their nvnet/nvaudio drivers to support the upcoming 2.6.x kernel?

Thanks,
JohnC