sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] 2.5.x kernel and NVIDIA_nforce spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
  • To: Wolfgang Scheicher <worf AT sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] 2.5.x kernel and NVIDIA_nforce spell
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 09:11:34 -0500

Wolfgang Scheicher wrote:

On Saturday 05 July 2003 20:07, John T Copeland wrote:

I have been attempting to use the 2.5.x(74) kernel because it supports
SATA hard drives via the SIIMAGE chipset. I have no problems with
SATA. I have an Abit NF7-S mobo with the Nforce2 chipset which 2.5.74
has formal support. No problem here.

My problem is that the NVIDIA_nforce spell will not compile with this
kernel source. It appears some header files have been moved around into
different directories than with 2.4.(20,21). Has anyone had this
problem? Does anyone have a solution? Does anyone know if Nvidia are
working on updating their nvnet/nvaudio drivers to support the upcoming
2.6.x kernel?

i recently bought a A7N8X deluxe. kernel 2.4.21 seems to support quite most of it. i think there eaven is support for the sata controller, but i have not tried. Sound, one NIC and USB works fine, nvnet is still closed source only.

http://petitiononline.com/nforce2/petition.html

Keep me updated if you have any news.

Worf