sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] 2.5.x kernel and NVIDIA_nforce spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Wolfgang Scheicher <worf AT sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] 2.5.x kernel and NVIDIA_nforce spell
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 23:36:30 +0200

On Saturday 05 July 2003 20:07, John T Copeland wrote:
> I have been attempting to use the 2.5.x(74) kernel because it supports
> SATA hard drives via the SIIMAGE chipset. I have no problems with
> SATA. I have an Abit NF7-S mobo with the Nforce2 chipset which 2.5.74
> has formal support. No problem here.
>
> My problem is that the NVIDIA_nforce spell will not compile with this
> kernel source. It appears some header files have been moved around into
> different directories than with 2.4.(20,21). Has anyone had this
> problem? Does anyone have a solution? Does anyone know if Nvidia are
> working on updating their nvnet/nvaudio drivers to support the upcoming
> 2.6.x kernel?

i recently bought a A7N8X deluxe. kernel 2.4.21 seems to support quite most
of
it. i think there eaven is support for the sata controller, but i have not
tried. Sound, one NIC and USB works fine, nvnet is still closed source only.

http://petitiononline.com/nforce2/petition.html

Keep me updated if you have any news.

Worf