permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Is This Aquaponics Then?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Is This Aquaponics Then?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 10:46:41 +1200

Thanks Toby for the retort and subtle sarcasm and discrimination. Which I
will attempt to refrain from sparring but hope to stimulate the debate
rather than the personality attacks. I mention that our planet earth has no
nature left anymore even though we are part of it. A complex debate in
itself. What I assert is that the planet has landscapes totally managed or
mismanaged by species man. We have spread our pollution to all corners.
There is enough evidence on that from any nature/conservation channel you
would like to watch or any research project you would like to wade through.

My argument is as stated very early in this debate "The Bruce Effect" to
coin Mollison, "The further you move away from nature the further you move
away from nature"

We are all or should be aware that when we rely on artificial foods we
suffer. When we consume more natural foods the better we will be. So if
that can be realised and taken on board then why dont we not move further
to the natural end of the continuum. As Permaculture invites us to. Through
the research, experimentation, the work and the associations I have been
involved with I have found this to be true.

So evolving H&A systems we are attempting to imitate natural systems, but
they will always be imitations. They will never replace the natural
systems.

What is nature Toby ? you know this as well as I do. I do not think it is a
fine line or a line that is confused or muddled it is very clear and
distinct.

Perhaps this ongoing debate is getting a little irritating for some. I
guess you all have the delete button. Feel free to use it. However I feel
such debate is very valuable for all of us to learn from all the view
points expressed. For we all have much to learn, continuously, myself
included of course...Steve Hart

--
Kia ora

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*
*Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
and Systems Ecology.​*
Skype: tipenemanawa
Phone: +64 220 75 62 11

Permaculture Global Design: