permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The next World food crisis?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The next World food crisis?
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 20:32:09 -0400

On 5/1/2012 1:43 PM, Toby Hemenway wrote:

A gentle redirect: I can relate to the satisfaction of delivering
rage-filled rants, but, this being a permaculture list, I'd love to
see some element of permacultural thinking in the responses

so what does a permaculturist do?

Toby http://patternliteracy.com

With that in mind could we revisit discussion about maintaining the standards of permaculture. Scott Pittman was expert in this and a major proponent and I am in total agreement with him. The PC 3rd Ethic issue was a rabbit hole a lot of energy went into; that too was rant country, so back to minding the fort.

The essence of the permaculture standards provides an unending creative
energy source that fascinates me. The lens on the world that permaculture provides is the main aperture I choose to see the world at large through. I am not sure how many appreciate the richness and depth
this unique view of the world provides but perhaps very many.

So what about the permaculture standards represented in the teachings, workshops, PDC's and the general permaculture knowledgebase. I like to think in terms of an organized system that can be used to help move this forward.

What do you think, Toby, Paul? Where are Geoff Lawton and Scott Pittman?

from the ecoponderosa
LL