permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The next World food crisis?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The next World food crisis?
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 14:28:13 -0400

On 5/1/2012 1:43 PM, Toby Hemenway wrote:
A gentle redirect: I can relate to the satisfaction of delivering
rage-filled rants, but, this being a permaculture list, I'd love to
see some element of permacultural thinking in the responses to
Dieter's question.

It's a given that we abhor Monsanto and their stooges, and the horror
stories are familiar to all of us, so what does a permaculturist do?

Toby http://patternliteracy.com

What you and other highly skilled authors have done, Bill Mollison
and his students, Geoff Lawton, Darren Doherty, Scott Pittman, Paul Wheaton, Sepp Holzer. On my 6+ acres I have done what most would never consider doing, building a working permaculture site (all 6+ acres) and a complex system of raised bed market garden sites untilled and unweeded (except for the volunteer ash seedlings and the bamboo that has spread from neighbors land. He is a landscape contractor and removed this bamboo from a customer's yard, the same bamboo I planted
there myself when I was working for that same customer; I spent 16 years as a landscape contractor. It is too bad I did not know about permaculture then though I did practice it without knowing what it was).

Good permaculture video site:
http://www.permaculturenow.com/video.html

<>

Magnificent responses, BTW. Now I don't feel so bad about posting some of my worst rants to the list in 20012. I hope they wake up those that need to be awakened and are grateful for having been.