permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Bucky Fuller, interesting Usenet newsgroups

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Bucky Fuller, interesting Usenet newsgroups
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:15:27 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> I like that....he was a smart man...So how comes it takes us so long to get
> this message, which just keeps being reiterated century after century after
> century?
>
> Why are we so slow to get this?

Partly the same reason, I reckon, that there is (still) rubbish along all our
roadsides, gum and cigarette butts on every street and sidewalk, mattresses
and old TVs and refrigerators and dead cars in the cricks and hollers and
backroad turnouts and neglected urban lots.

It's not about "the politicians," and it's not about technology.

IMO that was one of Fuller's blind spots - he, too, seemed to believe that our
technology could somehow save us from ourselves.

- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing
People - Place - Learning - Integration
john@eco-living.net