msar-riders - [MSAR] communications harness

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Sue Dolezal" <kk7smd@bendbroadband.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] communications harness
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:17:26 -0700

Does anyone have a favorite communication harness they ride with? I have
tried a couple variations, but haven't been happy with either. When mounting
my horse, the radio antenna can get hung up on the saddle rigging. Annoying
during the best of conditions, but add in wind, rain, snow or any other
annoyance, and I am ready to tie it to my saddle!

It is my preference to wear my radio (or radios...many times an 800 and a
portable ham), cell phone, etc in a communications harness on my body,
however, I find also that moving along quickly when clearing trails or when
sent quickly to a trail staging location, you get a lot of bouncing.

Any wonderful suggestions out there for mounted SAR?

Thank you,

Sue Dolezal
DCSSAR - Horse Team and Communications/Logistics Team
Bend, OR

It has removed 226 spam emails to date.