msar-riders - [MSAR] Careful to avoid an appearance of bickering?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Norma Newton" <newtonrn@huxcomm.net>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Careful to avoid an appearance of bickering?
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 14:55:12 -0500

My suggestion is, if there is a disagreement about comments or the wording
used in a comment, contact that individual OFF the list. If it is done on
the list that goes to everyone, lurkers, newbies, people who are just
interested, etc., it does sometimes give the appearance of bickering, and
often causes a decreased appearance of professionalism.

Often, the comments were well intentioned, and there is a simple
misunderstanding. In that circumstance, everyone is thankful that it was
taken care of privately.

Just a thought.

Norma Newton, 2nd Lt, NWIS CAP, trying to learn enough to get an Iowa MSAR
going through the CAP.