msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Identifying NASAR MSAR Instructors

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Identifying NASAR MSAR Instructors
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:19:41 -0700

Having outside evaluators is not the answer.  The implementation of penalties and holding trainers and evaluators accountable for their professional actions and
demeanor is in order, regardless of whose hat there are wearing.  Not all teams have a trainer named Bubba, some actually have dedicated trained professionals
who take their job seriously.
Exactly.
However, they need to go out and do it on their own, and stop taking the
best from any team they can find, with the intentions of calling it their own.

Tomï Finkle
Charles County Maryland
Could you clarify what you mean by the above? I have been rather pleased that instead of separately creating MSAR standards that may or may not pertain to the "real" world the NASAR team members have asked those of us actually in the field to contribute via our expertise. I think that asking for standards and training requirements from various teams is a good way to get a feel for what is really happening in the MSAR world. I would be more than happy to contribute any of our teams standards to the cause and I am anxious to see what the committee comes up with!

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR