msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Identifying NASAR MSAR Instructors

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "wwfarm" <wwfarm@wiktel.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Identifying NASAR MSAR Instructors
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:18:57 -0700

Una wrote;

Unfortunately, it is a very real problem.  Even someone who
means well and has experience conducting evaluations will have
a hard time resisting the natural urge to give people the
benefit of a doubt (cut them slack).  It is especially difficult
when the evaluator knows the rider and horse are having a bad
day.  They have been known to do task X, but they fail during
the evaluation.  Should they pass anyway, or not?

I strongly agree. After working with different Posses  I have seen same team member evaluators past horse / rider teams that never could pass a test by a outside evaluator.
Outside evaluators would make everyone train harder and the whole team would benefit in the long run.

Ter
Marshall County Minnesota Sheriff Posse