internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Raleigh needs a facelift

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Raleigh needs a facelift
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:31:59 -0400

I have enjoyed this discussion. Personally, Durham is my favorite point of the Triangle. The whole area between Five Points through Duke East Campus, Ninth Street and the School of Science & Math is a very walkable, liveable neighborhood.

zman wrote:
> Let's all move out by the airport and bitch about the planes.

One thing I do get exercised about is when people say they live in "RDU" or refer to the area as "Raleigh-Durham". "Raleigh-Durham" is an airport. Nobody lives there.

I do find the term "Triangle" or "Research Triangle" to be rather cumbersome and awkward as well. Definitely a byproduct of having no center of gravity in the region. But calling a place by its airport name or code just rubs me the wrong way.

TaB

TaB

Thomas A. Beckett, JD & MBA Business Law and Consulting
828-713-1668 Hendersonville & Asheville, North Carolina
Law Offices of Thomas A. Beckett, PLLC <http://www.tbeckett.com>