internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Raleigh needs a facelift

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Heath Roberts <htroberts AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Raleigh needs a facelift
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:42:36 -0400

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Tom Caswell<derpimpkar AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> I honestly believe this town spends the gross majority of it's resources on
> residential and commercial development.  Infrastructure and culture aren't
> on the map.  It's like Raleigh believes they'll get a seat at the "big city"
> table with people alone.

Not saying there are no visions of grandeur, but I think it's more
that every time someone builds a neighborhood or strip mall, they make
money by transferring future cost to the city/county/state. We can't
go upsetting the apple cart, so developers work pretty hard to keep
local politicians in their pockets.

I kinda wish I had the audacity to build a few strip malls of my own
so I could buy a beach house.

--
Heath Roberts
htroberts AT gmail.com