internetworkers - Re: Decoding the Bobos -- two great books

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "saundrakaerubel.com" <saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: valli AT niehs.nih.gov
  • Subject: Re: Decoding the Bobos -- two great books
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:53:09 -0700

Hi Heather:

Can anyone explain to me what they think the 'bobo' lifestyle is, because
maybe I have got it wrong? Can you compare it with the Yuppies of the late
80s?
Is it the lifestyle (term of art) that everyone must be a part of, such was
yuppism?
Acutally, I am not disenchanted with it all, it (bobo-ism) is just done to
such excess here, it has become rather amusing and unglamorous.

But maybe it is not 'bobo' per se, that offends me so. Perhaps I mix up
'bobo-ism' with fragrant arrogance and conspicuous consumption and that
haughty attitude that defines those who overcompensate for their immense lack
of self esteem.

Thanks for your message. I now get to take a look at my opinions and verify
their accuracy. Good work Heather, made me think ';-)

Saundra

At 08:19 AM 09/11/2000 -0400, Valli.Heather wrote:
>I'm rather fond of many aspects of the "bobo" lifestyle--I'm living
>some and working for others. That's why I live in the Triangle. I was
>just suggesting to the person who seemed disenchanted with it all,
>that moving here to escape it probably won't be too effective.
>
>Heather V.
>

>---
>Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
>http://metalab.unc.edu/internetworkers/
>You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as:
>saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com

Saundra Kae Rubel saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com
This is Silicon Valley: If you don't like the technology,
go out and make some of your own.

The Information Philanthropist
http://ww.saundrakaerubel.com