internetworkers - Re: Decoding the Bobos -- two great books

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Decoding the Bobos -- two great books
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:40:32 -0400

To be fair (and having read just one chapter of *Bobos* so far), I
don't think that Brooks is critical of the "Bobo" phenomenon. He claims
to be a bobo himself and to like some aspects of that lifestyle. The
book seems to be more of an analysis of the cultural trend and less a
critique.

It is easy to criticise folks who drive around in Ford Expeditions
bearing the bumper sticker "Live Simply, So That Others May Simply
Live", but I don't think the Brooks is the one doing it.

TaB