internetworkers - Re: Decoding the Bobos -- two great books

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael S Czeiszperger <czei AT webperfcenter.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Decoding the Bobos -- two great books
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 12:55:00 -0400

Steven Champeon wrote:

> To get back to that first couple of chapters, though; the idea of Ivy
> League leaders teaming up with scientists to produce a meritocracy hit
> home with me as about the first useful observation I've ever heard of
> how the Sixties came about.

Just an observation to back up the Ivy league angle. I had a booth at one of
the CED
technology events, and an obnoxious "investor" kept firing questions at me,
some of which
were where did I go to college, and what was my GPA. It seemed really wierd
to be asking a
36 year old about his college GPA, and when he found out I went to a public
college, let
it be known he went to Harvard. I don't know what the heck he wanted, since
he just took
off suddenly without saying a word, but now I wonder if he was checking to
see if I was in
"the club."

Michael Czeiszperger

begin:vcard
n:Czeiszperger;Michael
tel;cell:919-696-7818
tel;fax:919-785-0562
tel;work:919-785-2998
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.webperfcenter.com
org:Web Performance Inc
adr:;;PO Box 14753	;Research Triangle Park;NC;27709-4753;
version:2.1
email;internet:czei AT webperfcenter.com
x-mozilla-cpt:;10816
fn:Michael Czeiszperger
end:vcard