homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fiber

  • From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fiber
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 12:05:59 -0500

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 11:31 AM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com> wrote:
>  As you all know, I've been trying to get healthy now for a few years.  I'm
> making progress, but it is slow.
> I've been keeping a food journal for the last few months to monitor what I
> eat, and a few months ago I realized that I don't get enough fiber.

Don't forget fruit.

In the morning I like steel-cut oats. I set it up in a little crock
pot the night before to cook overnight. You can add raisins or cut up
prunes (or any other dried fruit). My sister sprinkles on walnuts and
serves it with vanilla yogurt.

Here's a recipe appropriately called My Frugal Breakfast: Crockpot
Steel-Cut Oats, which seems appropriate:
http://www.thegreenestdollar.com/2009/04/my-frugal-breakfast-crockpot-steel-cut-oats/

Marie in Illinois where we went from the 90s to the 70s overnight (and
as low as the 40s overnight)