homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fiber and weight loss

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fiber and weight loss
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 10:48:58 -0400

I don't know how much fiber is in oat bran, but there's about 8 g fiber in a bowl of oatmeal. That banana helps bring it up to 11 or 12 g, walnuts add two more grams or so. That is a total of 14+g, but you have to eat 600+ calories to get it!
Since I am not being a big breakfast eater, and I am trying to lose weight, I could never eat that much. It sounds like a good, healthy breakfast though, like the kind most folks eat. I was trying to keep the calories down.
1/2 cup fiber one has 60 calories and 14g fiber, plus milk and fruit if you want that. My breakfast was 120 calories.

I should probably add oat bran to things the way I intend to add Fiber One. Do you buy Kellogg's or something else?

It's nice, semi-autumn-like, today...I'll be splitting and stacking wood...