homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 20:29:04 -0800

At 12/1/2007 07:51 PM,VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:
I contacted a couple of well drillers who work our
area. They tell me that we need to go about 400 feet
down.
I've contacted "deep rock" who sell well drilling rigs
for the landowner. Cost 1 to 2 thousand. Wonder if
anyone has any knowledge of those systems other than
the info they provide?
Van Dell

400' is a long way for the Deep Rock rig, or it was when I messed with one in the late 90's. As a plus the submersible pumps needed a bigger hole than the Deep Rock rig made 'stock'.
Rocks are a problem, not necessarily a show stopper but the can be a good sized problem.
FWIW seeing a pro drill a well before you try it with your DeepRock machine is really worth the time, there is a lot more to drilling a well than getting a 'straight' hole in the ground.
Buy the book and watch the video, find a well driller in your area and see what kind of problems he has to deal with.
The Hydradrill was a really neat machine, see if they can point you towards someone in your area who is using one and see for yourself if it's what you need.
I ended up spending the money to have a well drilled.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA