homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:39:29 -0500

Weeeellllll,,,,water is such a deep subject...lol
We had a new well drilled yesterday..200 ft and no water, so they left it overnight in the hopes that water would fill in....aaaannnnnddddd, IT DID! This morning, the water had filled to 110 feet, so the pump guy came out and pump in the pump at a depth of 140 ft. It is recharging at a rate of between 8-10 g/min. They kept hitting cave and sand pockets, then rock, then more caves...karst limestone here...but that meant it required 147ft of casing (6" steel). But anyway, the COOL thing is that the water has been running out of the garden hose since 4 pm this afternoon and it is showing no sign of running out....(we are clearing the well as instructed). I've never had so much water. I don't know how to act with so much water. It will change our lives as much as winning the lottery. We can actually leave the water trickling to avoid busted pipes, for example. I could actually water my garden. I could wash the dog. I can wash dishes and do laundry at the same time.
If anyone is considering a well and wants particulars, I can talk to you offlist, but for here, suffice it to say that Santa Claus was very generous this year and we only paid part of the cost. It was expensive, but it all seems worth it, even if we had paid the whole thing. Its a feeling that is better than the feeling of money in your pocket. It is such a weight off our shoulders, and I know we will sleep good tonight knowing that very soon, we will not have to worry about water.

Bev

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.