homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 20:47:40 -0500

The verdict is in...we need a new well. The impellers are worn on the pump, AND we only have a 4 ft water column(6" diameter pipe) even after 3 days of no use. I think we have done pretty well getting by on that little bit of water for so long...
Cha-ching..
Anyway, I would say when it rains, it pours, but of course, it hasn't rained..lol..I would say that we are in a run of bad luck, but really, all things considered, we have been extraordinarily blessed of late.
I contribute it to all the positive energy you guys have sent...I just realized that I haven't updated you guys... we found out Thursday that the cancer had not spread, so it looks like a few weeks of radiation for him to be considered 100% cured.
Keep the energy flowing (and the water...)

Bev, learning happy rain dances...

EarthNSky wrote:

We are still having water issues. The well guy is coming in a few hours to help us diagnose the problem, but methinks we need a new well. We have only been getting maybe 5-10 gallons a day for a couple of weeks now, requiring the use of stored water to get by.
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.