commons-research - Re: [Commons-research] Culture and Science

commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Victoria Stodden <vcs AT stanford.edu>
  • To: <commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Commons-research] Culture and Science
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 12:00:12 -0400

I think a discussion of open access to data and research tools would be very
productive, and I want to add that open access to the research itself is a
key part of the equation. I expect people on this list to agree on the
importance of open research, but what that really means for research more
broadly, and how to engage the larger community, are questions that would
benefit for further discussion.