commons-research - Re: [Commons-research] Culture and Science

commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Victoria Stodden <vcs AT stanford.edu>
  • To: <commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Commons-research] Culture and Science
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:19:06 -0400

I am a fellow at the Berkman Center at Harvard Law School and not a Science
Commons person, but I'd love to be involved in such a session. I've
submitted my license idea to the iSummit research track and I'm very
interested in the discussion on how science, particularly computational
science, is being encouraged by regulatory systems. My PhD is in statistics
and I have been very heavily exposed to computational research in many
fields and I consider myself a computational scientist.

I am not sure what structure you are envisioning for the research track, but
it seems presentations or discussion sessions/panels could be very fruitful.
I would love a chance to present about licensing structures, and the
problems faced by the rapidly growing number of computational scientists as
they try and communicate their work.

Victoria