commons-research - Re: [Commons-research] Quantification analysis of Australian domain webharvests held by the National Library of Australia

commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Commons-research] Quantification analysis of Australian domain webharvests held by the National Library of Australia
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 08:28:36 +0200

Giorgos Cheliotis wrote:
Ben, any news on this one? My feeling is it may be hard to generalize some findings beyond Australia, since what you are doing is a form of convenience sampling, but it would be interesting to look at the outcome of this, and I find all of the objectives you have listed in your email to be relevant.
Dear all,

I agree that generalization might be difficult or impossible. But it would be a start for just as important comparative studies - and a possibility to test the approximations achieved through search engine queries against a benchmark based on real numbers (assuming that the crawl is indeed exhaustive).

Best,

Alek

--
koordynator / public lead