baslinux - Re: [BL] Slitaz (was: BL and youtube)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Slitaz (was: BL and youtube)
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:03:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi Sindi,

On my 58mb machine, Slitaz uses about 51mb, so it
leaves only about 7mb free, and it also uses some
of the swap partition, but not much.

The "loram" flavor of Slitaz is designed to work
with 64mb. But there is another flavor called "loram-cd",
which works with much less (i think it's 12mb), but
you have to keep the CD mounted. The larger versions
of Slitaz work entirely in RAM, with blazing speed.

Slitaz offers incredibly flexible boot options:
for a really old machine, you can boot off of a floppy
and then connect to the internet to finish the bootup.

Here's the webpage discussing some of the official flavors:

http://slitaz.org/en/doc/releases/2.0/relnotes.en.html#livecd

But i really think we should have further discussion
of Slitaz via private email, because it's off-topic here.

-monz

--- On Thu, 2/18/10, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>