baslinux - Re: [BL] BL and youtube

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL and youtube
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:14:11 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 22:30:35 GMT, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Still wondering if Seamonkey in BL can do Youtube.

To "do" YouTube with any browser, you need to have flash installed.
So, BL is probably not an option.
You also need to have a fast enough connection to handle the stream -
dial-up just won't be fast enough.

Now, YouTube is perfectly possible by using work-arounds, in BL too.
I even use YouTube, and other flash sites, in DOS ! (Arachne + NEmedia)

But if your friends are only at "click here" level, then I doubt that
BL is the best choice.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com
-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser -
http://www.glennmcc.org/

DOS: For IQs higher than 95, 98 or 2000.