baslinux - Re: [BL] Slitaz (was: BL and youtube)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Slitaz (was: BL and youtube)
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:25:06 GMT

I will try the low-RAM Slitaz some time, but I don't have
a broadband connection. Dialup is free here. Our phone
line is too noisy for a hardware modem (they are older)
so it has to be lucent or Conexant HSF1 or PCTel, which
Puppy does support. I never got PCTel to work in BL after
compiling the modules, and the same hardware works in Puppy,
so maybe a newer kernel is needed.
How much RAM does low-ram Slitaz use before running programs,
on a computer with 58MB RAM? BL uses as little as 3MB.
I will attempt Flash again some time with BL and Seamonkey.