baslinux - Re: [BL] Slitaz (was: BL and youtube)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Slitaz (was: BL and youtube)
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 01:52:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Sindi,

None of what you say about Slitaz is necessarily true,
maybe only for the machine(s) you tested.

I have Slitaz running just fine on a Toshiba 2590-cdt
laptop (vintage c.2000), which only has 58 MB of RAM,
and it has no working mouse-type device. There is no
trackpad, only a touchpoint, and it doesn't work, so
i can only use the keyboard (or a USB mouse, which i don't).

Also i don't understand what you mean by "they only
support hardware modems". But in any case, i have
Slitaz running on most of my laptops and the older ones
all use wireless cards. This Toshiba can use either
an Edimax EW-7108pcg (which is what i usually use on it)
or a DLink GWL-650.

I suggest you try Slitaz more, because it comes in many
"flavors", one of which is "lo-ram".

But anyway, this is the _BasicLinux_ forum, so enough
about Slitaz.

-monz

--- On Wed, 2/17/10, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>