baslinux - Re: [BL] BL and youtube

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL and youtube
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 00:07:39 +0000 (UTC)

Still wondering if Seamonkey in BL can do Youtube.

To "do" YouTube with any browser, you need to have flash installed.
So, BL is probably not an option.
You also need to have a fast enough connection to handle the stream -
dial-up just won't be fast enough.

Now, YouTube is perfectly possible by using work-arounds, in BL too.
I even use YouTube, and other flash sites, in DOS ! (Arachne + NEmedia)

How much CPU speed and RAM would BL need to view a downloaded
flash video with mplayer? Maybe after converting formats.
I have watched DVDs at 500MHz with 128MB RAM. -hardframedrop.
Flash at 400MHz dropped 29/30 of all frames - a bit excessive.

Thanks, Ron