baslinux - Re: [BL] migration Problme.

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] migration Problme.
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:00:55 +0000 (UTC)

So, yes a different linux made the ext2 filesystem.

The e2fsck in BL3 does not work on 'newer' ext2 filesystems (such as those made after 1999 including by BL2 mke2fs). Use the older BL3 mke2fs.

Am Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 08:38:31PM +1300, blickte mich
baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org mit:

If you boot BL3 from DOS, Xvesa clashes with some DOS TSR's.
Try loading DOS without TSR's.

What does TSR mean, please?

Terminate and Stay Resident. DOS programs that leave something in memory, including himem.sys (loaded at boot time) and ctmouse. Xvesa I think tries to use the same memory and you get an error message about something not pointing to ROM (read only memory).

If you have autoexec.bat and config.sys, they often load TSR programs so hit F5 while booting to DOS to bypass them. Or boot from a DOS floppy boot disk without autoexec.bat or config.sys.

That might be causing problems. If so, I suggest you
boot the floppy version of BL3 and see if startx works
there.

Sorry, I forgot to mention: X is no problem booting from floppy. I like
to understand better this busybox. Isn't this causing the problem?

I did not understand your problem with X.

Sindi

Matthias