baslinux - Re: [BL] migration Problme.

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] migration Problme.
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:38:31 +1300

Message from Steven
===================

> install-to-hd I couln'd use entirely, because I did
> not know how to keep the contents of my /home Dirctory.

Which /home directory? The BL3 home directory?
Or a different Linux?

> Now I have a BL3.5 that doesn't know how to make
> e2fsck on my ext2-fs.

Did BL3 make your ext2 filesystem? Or a different Linux?

> It doesn't startx, exiting with 'unable to kmod net-pif-tralala...'

If you boot BL3 from DOS, Xvesa clashes with some DOS TSR's.
Try loading DOS without TSR's.

If you don't boot from DOS, Xvesa might be clashing with
your hardware. However, I suspect your Linux partition
was created and formated (mke2fs) by a different Linux.
That might be causing problems. If so, I suggest you
boot the floppy version of BL3 and see if startx works
there.