baslinux - Re: [BL] migration Problme.

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] migration Problme.
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 05:59:50 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Matthias wrote:

> What does TSR mean, please?

Terminate and Stay Resident. It's a DOS term.
You are not booting from DOS, so it does not matter.

> X is no problem booting from floppy. I like to
> understand better this busybox. Isn't this causing
> the problem?

Busybox is the same on the floppy. If it is not
causing a problem from the floppy, it is not causing
a problem from the HD.

> My BL3 system resides on a debian linux partition,
> which I did not want to wipe completely,

That is probably the cause of your problem. Your
Debian bits are clashing with the BL3 bits. BL3 is
compatible with Slackware. Slackware and Debian are
significantly different.