baslinux - Re: [BL] Toshiba laptop screen prob

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Toshiba laptop screen prob
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 21:49:41 +0100 (BST)

In message <20081007105257.642cb114.ln8d-on8g AT dea.spamcon.org>

> I've got a 110cs sitting right next to me.
> Toshiba's are my favorite laptops.

They come up a lot secondhand over here. Of course the
batteries are completely stuffed.

> Yes, same thing here. A blank inch at the top
> and a blank inch at the bottom. No blanks at
> the sides though, the full line is used from
> left to right.

Weird they did that on so many different models.
Many people must have still been using Dos in
those days.

> That capability comes from a kernel compile-time
> parameter CONFIG_VIDEO_SELECT. If you look at
> the config file for the BL3 kernel (at BL3 site),
> you will find the following line:
> ------------------------------
> CONFIG_VIDEO_SELECT is not set
> ------------------------------

Yes, looked at the config and see what you mean.

> I assume you got that VMLINUZ from another version
> of Linux.

I assume, some Slackware, but uname doesnt say.

> I suggest you use the big BL3 kernel (bzimage.big).
> It is available at the BL3 site.

Yes, Ill get it tonight, thanks Steven.

--
Bye now,