baslinux - Re: [BL] Divide overflow?

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Divide overflow?
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 07:55:15 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> On two computers when I put in the second disk it comes
> back with:
>
> C:PART1
> A:PART2
>
> Then Divide Overflow. Nothing more.

Looks like it is booting OK, creating C: (ramdisk) and
putting part1 in C:. It then should copy part2 from the
floppy and combine it with part1. That appears to be where
your problem occurs. I suggest you rename autoexec.bat on
the floppy and do each step by hand.

> On the third computer (with reset problem) I don't get the
> second line,

Obviously a problem specific to that computer.

> I will unzip the fd package to a separate directory not the
> one with the other files in it.

That will not work.

> But I thought I needed zimage etc. in the same place,

That is correct.

> They appear to have the correct files on them.

And the correct sizes?

> I will stick with the Cyrix computer with MSDOS

It's that the one with the reset problem? There's no
point testing it on a computer with a known hardward
problem.