baslinux - Re: [BL] Divide overflow?

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Divide overflow?
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:53:54 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, James Miller wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:
>
> > These disks have no bad spots that were found while formatting. I tried
> > several different ones. I will go through this one step at a time and
> > then send you lists of what is in each directory.

Is fdformat just a linux version of DOS format? I have done format /u and
it finds no bad blocks. Same with scandisk. I tried three disks, all
100% good.

If two of us are having problems on four computers, I still think the
older version of the fd program should be made available as a backup if we
cannot get this one to work for us. I will do more investigating today.