baslinux - Re: [BL] Divide overflow?

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Divide overflow?
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:07:13 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I have been having similar problems with the 2-floppy
> disk method on three computers. One time I got 'divide
> overflow'. I am still trying to get this to work.

If you want to get to grips with this problem. List
make_fd.bat to a printer and then (instead of running
make_fd.bat) do the steps manually, one by one from the
commandline (checking the effect of every step).

> In addition to the divide overflow, most of the time it
> simply does not seem to copy part2 of the divided file.

What makes you think this? The routine that copies part2
is a DOS command:
copy part2 a:
Where exactly to you see a potential error in that?

As I said before, the most likely cause of your problem is:
bad floppy/drive or unexpected junk in the directory you run
make_fd.bat from.