baslinux - Re: [BL] Divide overflow?

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Divide overflow?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:02:54 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > Something seems to be going wrong for me in the
> > reassembly step.
>
> How much RAM on that machine?

Two DIMMS - 128 and 64M.

> > most of the time it simply does not seem to copy
> > part2 of the divided file.

It does not copy it from a: to the computer while booting from the two
floppy disks. It copies okay to the disk on that computer. Or if it does
copy it, it then does not display the fact but divides overflow instead.

What does divide overflow mean?

> That is done by a DOS batch file (nothing to do with
> Linux). It's not very complicated:
> ---------------------------------
> copy loadlin.exe a:
> copy zimage a:
> copy part1 a:
> echo Insert disk 2 in drive A:
> pause
> copy part2 a:
>
> The most likely source of your problem is bad media.
> Or perhaps you are running make_fd.bat from a directory
> with a lot of junk in it.

These disks have no bad spots that were found while formatting. I tried
several different ones. I will go through this one step at a time and
then send you lists of what is in each directory.