baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:02:57 +1300

Ron Clarke wrote:

> I did "lpr nnn.ps", and got no response at all except
> the command prompt back.
>
> And lpq said "no entries".

OK, it's time to get methodical. Until we figure out the
problem, start lpd with the -l parameter. That reports to
the system logger -- but first you need to turn it on:
-------
syslogd
-------
Then you will able to read the messages from lpd:
----------------------
cat /var/log/messages
----------------------

Before trying to print, check that your printer device is
installed:
cat /proc/parport/0/devices
It should say: lp. If not, something is wrong with your insmods.

Then try printing a .ps as before, except turn the printer
off before you do. That should queue the file. Then execute
lpq to see if the file is queued. Check /var/log/messages to
see what feedback there is from lpd.