baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 07:52:39 -0500 (EST)

I also tried to print from root. I don't have any user accounts. If I
were to set one up, would I have to modify deskjet.filter or printcap
again?

It is starting to seem that this is not worth the bother to print pdf
files with linux. With ghostscript for DOS I can print them directly with
one command line, choosing my printer each time without needing to write
filters, with no need to first convert to ps from pdf. I can also view ps
files with DOS psview much faster than with xpdf. Maybe I will try
installing ghostview for X on linux and viewing the files onscreen instead
of printing them (which means I would then translate them using dosemu and
wp for DOS or even WORD for DOS, which again needs a user account).

If I tried to view the pdf files with DOS ghostscript, I would need a
second computer for the translations, and with linux I can do it with one
computer and two monitors. I hope.

Is there any way to print pdf files using ghostscript from the command
line without filters or lpd?