xom-interest - [XOM-interest] License Poll

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] License Poll
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 19:56:17 -0800

I'd be interested in what current XOM users would prefer as a license.
So here's a grass roots poll to share related information.
It appears unlikely that the outcome of the user poll will be taken into consideration by Elliotte in any way, but the results might still be interesting.

If you have any opinion either way please reply with your ballot and indicate which license you'd prefer, using a ranking from 1-5 (1 = most preferred, 5 = least preferred) or "-" to indicate licenses you'd reject.

[] LGPL
[] GPL with library exception
[] GPL
[] Apache or Apache style
[] Other (please specify)

Here's an example ballot, which at the same time is my own personal ballot to get the ball rolling:

[2] LGPL
[-] GPL with library exception
[-] GPL
[1] Apache or Apache style
[] Other (please specify)

This means that I'd prefer XOM to have an Apache (or Apache style) license over LGPL, and that I'd reject GPL or GPL with library exception.

Thanks,
Wolfgang.