sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Spells and Grimoires and Dependencies, oh my!!

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: Source Mage Users Mailing List <SM-Users AT Lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Spells and Grimoires and Dependencies, oh my!!
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:18:52 -0500

On Jul 20, Kevin Monceaux [Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net] wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:20:32PM -0500, Kevin Monceaux wrote:
>
> > I suspect netpbm is missing a dependency for libxml2. I've added netpbm
> > to my local grimoire and added a dependency of libxml2 to it. I have a
> > cast running right now. Hopefully that'll fix the problem.
>
> This might be another RTFM question. If so, please forgive me. Adding a
> dependency of libxml2 to netpbm appears to fix the problem. But, now I'm
> encountering a local grimoire problem. If I cast netpbm from my local
> grimoire it fails with a:
>
> make_single: command not found

There are several support files in the grimoire that your local grimoire
doesn't have just after you mkdir it. A big one is ./FUNCTIONS, which is
where make_single comes from.

You can fix this by symlinking those files from /var/lib/sorcery/codex/test
into your local grimoire. Some people prefer using scribbler(8) for this
kind of thing, man scribbler.