sm-users - [SM-Users] dev question

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Bob LeBlanc <ml AT maineham.us>
  • To: SM-Users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Users] dev question
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 03:23:05 +0000

Hi,

I am new to the list, but been using linux since 1993.
I just installed sm on a spare box and chose to use static dev instead of udev. I have had lots of trouble with udev in the past. Trying to mount a usb thumbdrive on /dev/sda1 did not work and found it wanted uba1 which there is no such dev in /dev.
My question is where can I get the dev, since I could not find a spell of makedev. Anyone there can help me I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance..

For a personal reply please use this address:
bob AT melug-central.org

BoB

http://www.melug-central.org