sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Spells and Grimoires and Dependencies, oh my!!

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: Source Mage Users Mailing List <SM-Users AT Lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Spells and Grimoires and Dependencies, oh my!!
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:16:44 -0500

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:05:50PM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:

> > So, if I submit a patch with an updated Hercules spell should I remove the
> > UPDATED line from the DETAILS file?
>
> Any and all cleanup is appreciated. :) You may also notice that some
> packages have a BUILD_API=2 line in their DETAILS file, this is no longer
> needed for most grimoires as they have a grimoire-wide API_VERSION file
> which sets BUILD_API=2 (our second iteration of the Sorcery spell API)
> for any spell which doesn't override it (e.g. spells still on
> BUILD_API=1).

I'll be happy to try and take care of a little cleanup with any patches I
submit. I'll dig through the docs and familiarize myself with which parms
are depreciated.

> Easy to play around with spells, isn't it? =)

It sure is. I wich I had found SMGL sooner.

> > Looks like git's DEPEND file needs a little work:
> >
> > gaze what git
> >
> > /var/lib/sorcery/codex/test/devel/git/DETAILS: line 10: [: !=: unary
> > operator expected
> >
> > After the above error gaze did display the description.
>
> You mean the DETAILS file? ;) Looks like someone forgot to quote the
> variables on DETAILS:10. Fixed in commit
> 426306f26dd856ed38d98f32e41568898e950c7a, thanks! :)

Yes, that should have been "git's DETAILS file," sorry.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX