sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Possibly A New User - Introduction

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: Source Mage Users Mailing List <SM-Users AT Lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Possibly A New User - Introduction
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:47:56 -0500

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 03:49:26PM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:

> We're always happy to see a new face. :) Be sure to join us in IRC as
> well (irc.freenode.net channel #sourcemage) if you'd care to chat live
> with fellow users and our intrepid developers.

I've never been much of an IRC fan but I've heard from a couple of SMGL
users that IRC is popular in the SMGL community. I might just have to check
it out. Does anyone have a recomendation for a text based IRC client?
While at work, like now, I check my mail, etc., on my box at home via SSH.

> Before doing the rebuild please file a bug with as much information as
> you can think relevant so we can try to fix the problem.

Before doing so it would probably be best for me to go through the install
again so I can make note of anything that might have caused the problem. I
didn't have the problem when I installed SMGL under qemu. I'm only seeing
the problem on my aging Pentium MMX 200mhz box. As I said in my intro
e-mail it's CD-ROM drive is rather flaky. The CD-ROM drive might have acted
up while the package containing the missing library was being installed.
If that was the case it's not an SGML bug.

> Spells, IMO (and I am quite biased ;)) are very easy to make. I have
> contributed over 200 myself. :) We have documentation
> (http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Spell_Writing_Handbook,
> http://wiki.sourcemage.org/SpellwritingForDummies, and others on our
> wiki) as well as a tool quill (in the guru-tools package) that can write
> simple spells for you!

Great. I'd love to be able to write and contribute some spells.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX