sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Possibly A New User - Introduction

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net
  • Cc: Source Mage Users Mailing List <SM-Users AT Lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Possibly A New User - Introduction
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 00:39:34 +0200

Kevin Monceaux wrote :

> It appears that writing a spell for Source Mage is much simpler than
> creating an ebuild for Gentoo. It would be tuff to find a distribution that
> had all the packages one wants. Gentoo, for example, doesn't have a package
> for an xBase compiler, clip(http://www.itk.ru/english/index.shtml), that I
> use. After reading up on creating ebuilds I decided that the best approach
> would be to enter a bug in Gentoo's bug system requesting that someone with
> more ebuild experience create an ebuild for clip. I entered that request
> about a year ago. It hasn't been touched yet. Source Mage doesn't have a
> spell for clip either but I think I might stand a chance at writing one
> myself.
There's a tool that helps you write spells acctually :)
Just cast guru-tools and run quill. It also hase a freshmeatxml option
which makes it easier to enter the description etc.

Also bugzilla isn't a place to request new spells. Such bugs are ussualy
invalidated so only file new spells with attachments of spell tarballs.
If you want to request new spells either ask on the forums or on IRC.
I don't think we have any other ways of requesting. I could be wrong.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461