sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] menuconfig for casts

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] menuconfig for casts
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 20:08:36 -0800

On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 02:41:56AM +0100, Thomas Orgis wrote:
> OK, I have 4 installs now in various stages of completeness. Sadly,
> every one showed new problems to solve (many by using a spell from
> test grimoire, which probably is much better tested than stable - SMGL
> needs some "normal" users, I guess). I went on to solve these problems
> because I tend to persist (and pester) on the occasion - like you can
> see on my post count;-)

1) if you use test grimoire you will run into issues

2) if you use stable grimoire and use a test grimoire spell you will run into
issues

3) stable grimoire, all alone, is the preferred grimoire for normal
users. If there are bugs in there file them immediately. If you want
to help, use stable-rc to help test. Don't use test grimoire to help
test, they are actually "WIP", "devel", "test", "stable" to end users
even though we call them devel, test, stable-rc, stable. Only
developers know the grimoire names by their true names. ;)

Seth

Quality Assurance Team Leader & Security Team: Source Mage GNU/linux
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic http://www.sourcemage.org
Key id 63C1E02F = E07A FB0E 5925 CE4A 6526 2AD5 1782 FEC2 63C1 E02F