sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] menuconfig for casts

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] menuconfig for casts
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 20:02:04 -0800

> > Moreover, I have tried to install SMGL 4 or 5 times in the past and I
> > never get it finished because of some compile errors in various places
>
> OK, I have 4 installs now in various stages of completeness. Sadly, every
> one showed new problems to solve (many by using a spell from test grimoire,
> which probably is much better tested than stable - SMGL needs some "normal"
> users, I guess). I went on to solve these problems because I tend to
> persist (and pester) on the occasion - like you can see on my post count;-)

stable is probably more well tested than test, which has multiple spells
updated each day, stable has just bugfixes go into it between stable
releases, which themselves are tested as a whole. You can go back a few
months ago in the mailing list archives and read all about the test vs
stable vs stable-rc stuff.

Again, please file bugs for compile failures, no one can fix stuff if
they dont know whats wrong. Think of it as indirectly helping make your
ideas come to fruition. Filing bugs helps the developers fix problems that
would otherwise effect other new users, leading to a better end experience
with what's already implemented, a better new user experience helps retain
new users, some of those new users become developers, many hands make
light work, which means that doing more neat innovative stuff possible.
Thats not to say theres not innovation going on right now, there is,
but more help accelerates it so we can get to more stuff faster.

-Andrew

| Andrew D. Stitt | acedit at armory.com | astitt at sourcemage.org |
| irc: afrayedknot | Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |
| 1024D/D39B096C | 76E4 728A 04EE 62B2 A09A 96D7 4D9E 239B D39B 096C |