sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Questions about Sourcemage.

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "David C. Haley" <dhaley AT hot.rr.com>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Questions about Sourcemage.
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:59:03 -0600

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 16:17, Joe Menola wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 February 2004 10:49 am, Eric Sandall wrote:
> > Quoting Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>:
> > >
> > > JAVA is provided by j2sdk or j2sdk-bin, both in the z-rejected grimoire.
> > > scribe add z-rejected
> > > This is coming up fairly regularly now, either it is not well documented
> > > on the website that z-rejected exists, the documentation needs a listing
> > > of spells in z-rejected grimoire, we really do need to sort out the
> > > cross-grimoire dependencies, or I should just add z-rejected to the ISO
> > > and all new systems will have it ?
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > I don't think we should add the z-rejected grimoire to the ISO, but
> > instead
> > update our documentation and perhaps fix the bug, with either of the
> > suggested fixes, before 1.0.
>
> When creating a spell that depends on anything that is not available from
> stable, a message with detail on where to find that depend should be
> included?

That would be nice to have so at least you know where to look and what
grimoires you may want to add if you wish to have the spell function
correctly or even compile.

> -jm
> >
> > > Hamish
> >
> > -sandalle
David C. Haley
dhaley AT hot.rr.com
http://renegadecomputing.net
Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer
General Grimoire Guru
SMGL Security Team Member
PGP Key Fingerprint: 0589 9B39 B259 14D6 82C5 A7E5 AA1B 6596 1F89 0146
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1F890146