sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Questions about Sourcemage.

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Questions about Sourcemage.
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:59:41 -0800

Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:
> My own grimoire, which has about 100 more spells that need work, including
> the
> GNUstep packages and my GNU HURD/MACH partial spells. ;)
> # scribe add sandalle from rsync://sandall.us::sandalle
>
> Heh, Valentine's weekend, guys. ;) I went back home for the weekend, and
> since I
> live out in the woods on a (small) mountain (more like a hill, but eh) we
> only
> have dial-up, which maxes out at 21.6Kbps, if we're lucky.
>
> I have most of SMGL already installed on my SPARC (Ultra10, 330MHz, 128MB
> RAM),
> but am having problems getting glibc and gcc to install properly on it. I've
> tried statically compiling all of basesystem, but some packages (wget,
> glibc,
> gcc) don't like it and/or do not obey the "-static" flag. Once I have SMGL
> fully functional (at least the basesystem) I will be putting out an ISO
> based
> on the latest (currently 0.9.1), but I have other things I need to work on
> (school, work, and other SMGL projects, such as the grimoire ;)) so it's
> kind
> of on the back-burner. I'd be happy for any help and/or insight on
> SPARC-specific information. ;)

And I forgot to mention the appropriate pages for the above:
http://smgl.sandall.us/ has SPARC and GNU/HURD links under te Projects link,
where you can find my progress on each.

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61