sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] Questions about Sourcemage.

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Chuck Hall" <chall AT bcrl.stcloudstate.edu>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] Questions about Sourcemage.
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:11:20 -0600 (CST)

This e-mail is an answer to all of the e-mails that answered my orignal
e-mail.

Intresting info about installing SMGL in a chroot enviroment. I will look
into it and see what I can see. Also I will try working on the bug #415
and see what I can do about it, a couple of ideas are floating around but
we will see if any work.

This is the first I have heard of the z-rejected grimoire. What other
intresting spells does it contain? Are there other grimoires out there
that are also useful, I know about stable and devel? I would add it to
the ISO, unless if it will increase the size by a large amount.

I will see about getting non i686 machines to run prometheus on, should be
easy I work at a university.

So is 2.25 GB of RAM enough, if more RAM is good? :)

Using ccache and a shared /var/spool/sorcery does sound like good ideas.
I'm not worried about the load on the systems, I plan on setting them up
and forgetting about them Unless if something goes wrong.

I will start working on getting prometheus setup and running, not sure
which sections I will have it run yet.

I did notice that no one really replied about using SourceMage on sparc,
other then to say it would be nice. I will see what I can do about
getting it working but do not expect any really progress before the 1.0
version comes out ( unless if it does not happen for a long time ).

IRC...I should really try to get on it and talk with some of you.

Have Fun!
Chuck Hall